Sunday 7 October 2012

Armenian Flat Breads

These have intrigued me ever since seeing them on the Great British Bake Off, so I thought I would try this variation from Emmanuel Hadjiandreou' book 'How to make Bread'.

It was a very simple dough to make. This is a flat bread designed to be very thin and crispy and therefore doesn't require any yeast. The olive oil gives the dough a smooth, shiny look. The only tricky bit was stretching the dough without it breaking, as you need it to be as thin as possible, but to be honest it didn't make any difference to the end result.(Tip: rub your hands with olive oil before stretching the dough as it makes it a little easier to work with)

We ate this with a G&T pre dinner, all very sophisticated! They were delicious, these ones had poppy and sesame seeds on top, I think the next batch I'll try with Parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment