Saturday 7 January 2012

Dunkin Donuts

Donuts. Who doesn't like donuts? Not me for one. I thought this may have been a little ambitious as one of my first bread making challenges. But the way my new best friend and master baker, Richard Bertinet, described the process, I thought how hard could it be? (By the way, Richard Bertinet's book 'Dough' has become my baking bible)

It must have been beginners luck, they turned out almost perfectly, although they could have done with some more jam in the middle. I hadn't quite mastered the piping bag. Another thing I haven't quite got to grips with either is amounts, I must have made about 30 donuts. So make sure you have some hungry friends close at hand...otherwise you may eat them all yourself. Next time I'll add apple as the filling I think.




No comments:

Post a Comment